1.1 Hammarplast Medical Employment Principals
There is no discrimination in, compensation, access to training or promotion based on race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation. Hammarplast Medical does not use forced or involuntary prison labor.
Wages and benefits paid for a standard working month meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards.
1.2 Child labor shall not be used
- There shall be no recruitment of child labor.
- Children and young persons under 18 shall not be employed at night.
1.3 Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Employees, without distinction, have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- The employer adopts an open attitude towards the activities of trade unions and their organizational activities.
- Employee’s representatives are not discriminated against and have access to carry out their representative functions in the workplace.
1.4 General Employee Conduct, values and Code of ethics:
Hammarplast Medical commits to encouraging a safe, supportive and productive work environment.
The following are acts which the company considers unacceptable. Any employee found engaging in these acts will be subject to disciplinary action which may include warning, suspension or dismissal:
- being absent from work without a valid reason
- willfully damaging, destroying or stealing property belonging to fellow employees or the company
- refusing to follow or failing to carry out the reasonable instructions of a supervisor
- ignoring work duties or wasting time during working hours
- coming to work under the influence of alcohol or any drug
- using threatening or abusive language towards a fellow employee
- smoking contrary to established policy or violating any fire protection regulation
- willfully or habitually violating health and safety regulations
- not taking proper care of, neglecting or abusing company equipment or tools
- using company equipment in an unauthorized manner
Our business is based on that the following values are complied and that we in our Code of conduct internally as well as externally, follow established ethical rules where our values are an essential part.
- Good will
Code of ethics
- We respect individual human rights and reject all forms of discrimination. We act in accordance with good business ethics and morals, and in line with our other corporate policies.
- Our business is characterized by a high level of understanding, openness and respect for each other.
- We take responsibility for our actions and comply with applicable laws and regulations in the countries we operate in.
- We must always strive to reduce our operational impact on both the environment and human health.
- We reject all forms of cartel activity.
- We do not accept bribes in any form and the employee should avoid getting into situations where personal interests conflict with the company.
- We should have a desire to constantly take initiatives to improve our business in order to create a pleasant, healthy, creative and profitable work environment.
- We take responsibility for the use of company resources and not abusing company property.
1.5 Conflicts of Interest:
Hammarplast Medical expects that employees will perform their duties conscientiously, honestly, and in accordance with the best interests of Hammarplast Medical. Employees must not use their positions or the knowledge gained as a result of their positions for private or personal advantage.
1.6 Outside Activities, Employment, and Directorships:
All employees share a serious responsibility for Hammarplast Medical good public relations.
Employees must avoid acquiring any business interest or participating in any other activity outside Hammarplast Medical that would, or would appear to:
- Create an excessive demand upon their time and attention, thus depriving Hammarplast Medical of their best efforts on the job.
1.7 Relationships with Clients and Suppliers:
Employees should avoid investing in or acquiring a financial interest for their own accounts in any business Hammarplast Medical that has a contractual relationship with Hammarplast Medical, or that provides goods or services, or both, to Hammarplast Medical if such investment could influence their decisions in the performance of their duties on behalf of Hammarplast Medical.
1.8 Gifts, Entertainment, and Favors:
Employees must not accept entertainment, gifts, or personal favors that could, in any way influence business decisions in favor of any person or Hammarplast Medical with whom or with which Hammarplast Medical has, business dealings.
1.9 Secret Commissions:
Hammarplast Medical strictly prohibits the acceptance of secret commissions from suppliers. Any breach of this rule will result in immediate termination and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
1.10 Hammarplast Medical´s Funds and Other Assets:
When an employee’s position requires spending Hammarplast Medical´s funds or incurring any reimbursable personal expenses, that individual must use good judgment on Hammarplast Medical’s behalf to ensure that good value is received for every expenditure.
1.11 Hammarplast Medical Records and Communications:
Accurate and reliable records of many kinds are necessary to meet Hammarplast Medical’s legal and financial obligations and to manage the affairs of Hammarplast Medical. Hammarplast Medical books and records must reflect in an accurate and timely manner all business transactions. The employees responsible for accounting and recordkeeping must fully disclose and record all assets, liabilities, or both, and must exercise diligence in enforcing these requirements.
Employees must not make or engage in any false record or communication of any kind, whether internal or external, including but not limited to:
- False expense, attendance, production, financial, or similar reports and statements
- False advertising, deceptive marketing practices, or other misleading representations
1.12 Dealing With Outside People and Organizations:
Employees must not use Hammarplast Medical identification, stationery, supplies, and equipment for personal or political matters.
When communicating publicly on matters that involve Hammarplast Medical’s business, employees must not presume to speak for Hammarplast Medical on any topic, unless they are certain that the views they express are those of Hammarplast Medical.
When dealing with anyone outside Hammarplast Medical, employees must take care not to compromise the integrity or damage the reputation of Hammarplast Medical.
1.13 Prompt Communications:
In all matters relevant to customers, suppliers, government authorities, the public and others in Hammarplast Medical, all employees must make every effort to achieve complete, accurate, and timely communications - responding promptly and courteously to all proper requests for information and to all complaints.
1.14 Privacy and Confidentiality:
When handling financial and personal information about customers or others with whom Hammarplast has dealings, observe the following principles:
- Collect, use, and retain only the personal information necessary for Hammarplast Medical’s business. Whenever possible, obtain any relevant information directly from the person concerned.
- Retain information only for as long as necessary or as required by law.
- Limit internal access to personal information to those with a legitimate business reason for seeking that information.